We have been really busy with production the past few weeks, and we are getting ready to go into our even busier season, so I wanted to take a moment and thank my kitchen assistant, Richelle, for all her hard work.
For lunch today, I cooked us up a batch of fried green tomatoes, from my CSA (Living Hope Farm). I served them up with a fresh chevre and a spoonful of our Hot Pepper Spread. Let's just say - lunch was delicious, and I need to share the recipe with you!
Fried Green Tomatoes with Chevre and Hot Pepper Spread
4 large, firm green tomatoes, sliced into 1/2" slices
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 cup finely ground cornmeal
1 teaspoon paprika
4 tablespoons milk
Oil, for frying
Chevre (about 8 oz)
Hot Pepper Spread
1. Sprinkle sliced tomatoes with salt & pepper, set aside.
2. Combine cornmeal and paprika in one bowl. Beat eggs and milk in a second bowl.
3. Coat the tomatoes with egg mixture, then dredge in cornmeal.
4. Cover the bottom of a skillet with oil, place over medium high heat.
5. When oil is shimmering, add tomatoes to the pan. Fit as many as you can without the tomatoes touching. Fry until nicely browned (about 2 minutes each side).
6. Transfer to paper towel lined plate. Repeat step 5 until all tomatoes are cooked.
7. Put tomatoes on a serving plate, top with goat cheese and Small Batch Kitchen Hot Pepper Spread.